new moon in Libra
initiates new cycles
release and restart
the scales of justice
show you what’s out of balance
how will you adjust?
We are in a season of new beginnings.
On the heels of the Jewish New Year holidays, which ended last week, we now turn to a seasonal initiation in the Zodiac. Today’s new moon in Libra is the first of multiple initiations this week.
A new moon, when the moon and sun come together, initiates a new lunar cycle.
As a cardinal sign, Libra itself is an initiation point. It’s the first sign after the Autumn equinox, and it initiates the season of Autumn in the astrological wheel.
This is a time to formulate new intentions and re-evaluate existing ones.
Every new moon is a release and a restart.
Especially in Libra, it’s a time to look at what’s out of balance, both within ourselves and between ourselves and others.
Libra is concerned with justice, balance, harmony, and equity, especially in relationship.
Here are some journal prompts to consider for this new moon:
- What do I need to let go of to restore harmony and reclaim my energy?
- How do I stay in balance in relationships, with a reciprocal flow of give and take?
- When I evaluate the scales of justice, what is on the side that weighs heavy? What can I remove from that side?
- What do I need to add to the lighter side to bring the scales into better balance, to find harmony and flow?
- What am I saying no to, and, in return, what do I get to say yes to?
- How do I make decisions and commitments that honor myself and my needs, and treat myself as an equal partner and player in my life?
- How can I make decisions that bring justice and wholeness to all, including myself?
- What adjustments do I need to make in the various areas of my life to feel aligned and in harmony with myself?
New moon blessings!