What if there were one thing that you could do that would deliver all of the following benefits:
- reduce stress hormones
- increase endorphins
- lower blood pressure
- increase blood flow and oxygenation to the cells and organs
- increase immunity
- reduce pain
- improve memory, intelligence and creativity
- foster deeper connections with others
- facilitate deeper breathing
- activate the parasympathetic nervous system — the “rest and digest” response that takes you out of “fight or flight” mode
- shift your perspective out of frustration and overwhelm
- facilitate problem-solving
- workout for your abdominals, back, legs, face and diaphragm muscles
- help you live longer
If you could do one action and get even half of these results, that would be a good return on your investment, right?
It’s the epitome of multi-tasking and leverage. A holy grail of productivity.
I realize you may be skeptical. After all, generally there’s no such thing as a quick-fix. Magic pills don’t exist in real life.
This is true. But every rule has exceptions. This is one of those exceptions.
Also, it’s free. And you can do it anywhere, and at any time.
Here is the thing, this miracle holy grail of productivity and wellness, the one thing you must do to get all of these results:
It’s good for the mind, body, and spirit.
If you feel like nothing in your life or the world is funny right now, find something that makes you laugh.
Although you don’t even need to see or hear anything funny. Just start laughing. Eventually the laughing itself will be funny. And laughter is contagious.
Laughter is the best medicine and the best vaccine.
Find ways to make yourself laugh every day.